Saturday, June 13, 2009

Baby Shower Cake


This is a cake I did for a girl that I work with who just had a baby. They asked for a white cake with raspberry filling and pink and brown dots. I don't think the grandma really liked it but oh well I guess. I think it would've been cuter if it was like brown with pink dots or something but I did what they asked for. This filling one worked out a lot better than the last one I did and I'm hoping that it tasted good. I used an 11x15 pan and the first attempt at it I used 2 cake mixes and tried splitting it but it was a disaster so at 11 at night time we had to buy some more cake mixes and about an hour before that we had to run to the store because I didn't have enough powder sugar. So needless to say I went to bed at 4:00 a.m. and had to wake up at 9:00 a.m. for her to pick it up. So I guess we'll see on Monday what Paige thought of the cake. I need everyone's opinion on this cake. What could've been better? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

mikeynannie said...

I think it's cute. If you're looking for different idea's with the cake, here's mine. I think it would look cute if the polka dots were a lot bigger. But I think it is a darling cake!! You ROCK!!

Kiera said...

I think it is cute too. You could have put some pink booties on it, or some little baby things around it.